- Obama and the Evolution of US Foreign Policy in Africa - May 29, 2022
- In Case You Missed It: 5/1/17 – 5/31/17 - June 4, 2017
- In Case You Missed It: 4/24/17 – 5/1/17 - May 8, 2017
This week brings news of a newly discovered human ancestor, Nigeria’s new World Trade Center, and a new diplomatic relationship between the U.S. and Somalia.
2. Nigeria is set to open its own World Trade Center complex in the capital city of Abuja. The complex will join the World Trade Centers Association, connecting it with 323 other WTC complexes around the world.
WTC Abuja is expected to give a boost to Nigeria’s growing economy, and will be the largest business center in West Africa. The site has been in development since 2010, and will open for business next year.
3. The US State Department is reopening a diplomatic relationship with Somalia, after several decades of closure. For the time being, diplomats will be housed in Kenya, but will conduct business in Somalia when security allows. They hope to foster a relationship with the Somali government, boosting the local economy and providing aid and support against terrorist groups in the region.