ABOUT AFRICA AGENDA
ABOUT AFRICA AGENDA
17 Years of Service to the Community
When I started Africa Agenda 17 years ago, I had no idea it would last this long. The organization was incorporated on December 11, 2004, in Denver.
Some of our Accomplishments include:
- Published over 5000 stories on both our Africa Agenda and Africa News Matters websites projecting the strengths and capabilities of the African continent. We’ve also laid out issues we think need to be addressed!
- Organized over 200 events that brought business, academic, political, and community leaders together to discuss the importance of U.S.-Africa relations.
- Trained and worked with more than 100 journalists locally and internationally to report accurate African news. Seven students from local universities have completed journalism, and international development internships with us.
- Identified numerous unethical journalistic practices by U.S. and international media outlets and requested corrective action that presents Africa in a fair and unbiased manner.
- Given awards and recognition to over 25 individuals and organizations doing great service that furthers bonds of unity of our global African community.
- Stood up for the rights of journalists and for the free flow of information in Africa and around the world.
- Partnered with dozens of organizations locally and internationally that represent the values of a free, prosperous, and democratic society.
I am asking you to Give to Africa Agenda today. The link to give is HERE
Nothing is too small! Please make a contribution to Africa Agenda right now!
Sincerely, George Bamu, Founder & Executive Director
MISSION & VISSION
Africa Agenda’s mission is to foster understanding and engagement with Africa and African society in a fair and unbiased way.
Africa Agenda envisions a world in which the vibrant contributions of Africa and African society make a better life for everyone.
(Media) Identify, track, and disseminate unreported African news.
(Education) Create programs that provide the opportunity for educational exchange between Africa and the global community in an effort to facilitate valuable discourse on the media, democracy, culture, business, and economics.
NEWS & EVENTS
With Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony, Colorado’s Afrikmall Takes OffHistory was made on July 16, when Afrikmall, an American-style shopping, business center catering to Colorado’s growing African, Caribbean, and global community was opened. With a […]
AfricAid Steps In to Fill Educational Gaps for Tanzanian GirlsOn April 15, AfricAid, a non-profit headquartered in Denver, welcomed Tanzania Country Director Jana Kinsey to Colorado. While Kinsey was in town, the organization organized an […]
A Rundown of Upcoming Elections in AfricaHere is a quick summary of some of the elections happening across the African continent in 2015. For a full list, click here. Country: Benin Election: […]