ABOUT AFRICA AGENDA
17 Years of Service to the Community
When I started Africa Agenda 17 years ago, I had no idea it would last this long. The organization was incorporated on December 11, 2004, in Denver.
Seventeen years of commitment to this unique mission to change the news about the African continent has born fruits — some of which are visible in our community — lives that have been impacted, and many relationships established.
From the incredible people who believe in and support our mission, to the tasks we’ve undertaken, to the discussions about the importance of equity in the news — Africa Agenda remains steadfast. I believe this is only the beginning!
As we head into 2022, think about what we can do together, and how beautiful it is that we have your as our friends and partners. We need your financial support!
Some of our Accomplishments include:
- Published over 5000 stories on both our Africa Agenda & Africa News Matters websites projecting the strengths and capabilities of the African continent. We’ve also laid out issues we think need to be addressed!
- Organized over 200 events that brought business, academic, political, and community leaders together to discuss the importance of U.S.-Africa relations.
- Trained and worked with more than 100 journalists locally and internationally to report accurate African news. Seven students from local universities have completed journalism, and international development internships with us.
- Identified numerous unethical journalistic practices by U.S. and international media outlets and requested corrective action that presents Africa in a fair and unbiased manner.
- Given awards and recognition to over 25 individuals and organizations doing great service that furthers bonds of unity of our global African community.
- Stood up for the rights of journalists and for the free flow of information in Africa and around the world.
- Partnered with dozens of organizations locally and internationally that represent the values of a free, prosperous, and democratic society.
I am asking you to Give to Africa Agenda today. The link to give is HERE
While this work is important, often it goes unrecognized and without the support needed to sustain it. Your support goes a long way to keep the organization alive.
Nothing is too small! Please make a contribution to Africa Agenda right now!
Sincerely, George Bamu, Founder & Executive Director READ MORE DONATE NOW
MISSION & VISSION
Africa Agenda’s mission is to foster understanding and engagement with Africa and African society in a fair and unbiased way.
Africa Agenda envisions a world in which the vibrant contributions of Africa and African society make a better life for everyone.
Africa Agenda seeks to:
(Media) Identify, track, and disseminate unreported African news.
(Education) Create programs that provide the opportunity for educational exchange between Africa and the global community in an effort to facilitate valuable discourse on the media, democracy, culture, business, and economics.
NEWS & EVENTS
Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest news and updates.