Celebrating 15 years of Achievement in Colorado
- Held over 200 Africa workshops and events
- More than 5,000 participants in these events
- Our speakers have included the leading opinion, civil society & business leaders from more than a dozen countries
- Built Colorado/Global Africa networks
- Over 100 members and 200+ affiliated members in 15 countries
- Relationships with a host of high schools, colleges & Universities around the Denver metro area.
- Fostered more balanced news stories and reporting in the Colorado media market about Africa and the African community in Colorado.
- Media coverage in KGNU radio, KETO FM radio, Denver Post, Colorado Public Radio, Aurora Sentinel, Greeley Tribune, Aurora 8, Aurora 54, Metro African, Denver Urban Spectrum, etc
- Increased relationships with a pool of local journalists & PR professionals around the world.
- Each year we receive more than 500 phone calls and hundreds of emails requesting Africa-related information and advice.
Africa Agenda has also spearheaded initiatives to expand democracy and development. For example, we conceived and launched a signature freedom and information act project, Cameroon Information, and Education Day(CIED) in 2009.. To date, the CIED has printed and distributed thousands of free pocket-size copies of the revised Cameroon Constitution. The booklets include the hard-to-find April 2008 constitutional amendments made by the Cameroon administration.
While Africa Agenda is small we are very much an established and important resource to the Denver metro area. We know we have barely begun to strengthen understanding and building real bridges to Africa. Please consider helping us out by donating or volunteering! Read more…